Monday, October 4, 2010

The day I hit two different kids in the head!

So today I was apparently on rampage against my students (unbeknown-st to me!).

During PE we were learning how to play a version of softball. The ball we were using is similar to a softball, only much larger and even softer. These balls are designed to be playable without gloves, enabling the players to catch with bare hands without injury. I was teaching the students the rudiments of passing from base to base. The students were all in the outfield and covering bases. I was pitching to myself and batting the ball to them. On the last bat, the ball made a beeline for the first base. It bounced on the ground right in front of the first grader who was on first and hit her square in the nose! Of course her eyes watered immediately and the sting was as sharp as could be. That was number one.

Later, we were doing some work in the classroom and I was patrolling to make sure things were going well. I walked past one student who was tipping his chair. I had been warning the students not to do this for the past several weeks. Attempting to do something my teachers used to do, I quickly slipped my foot under his chair and tipped him over. True to my skills, he of course hit a neighboring desk on the way down! And that was number two...



SIDE NOTE:

This is totally out of context, but I want to record it somewhere! I got a haircut the other day. My hair went from being down to my behind to between my shoulders with cheekbone-length bangs. The first day, my students told me I looked scary with my new hair because when I bent over my bangs fell in front of my face! Ha ha! Kids are so crazy honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment